Friday, October 8, 2010

Illustration Friday: Transportation



I've just returned from a mini-vacation to Safari West (only an hour from my house and a very special treat.) The family had a wonderful time and, in addition to all kinds of amazing big beasts, we watched newly hatched baby swans taking piggyback rides.

I have a couple of blog notes. First of all, I want to thank Leen Christens for giving me a very nice shout out. I'm looking forward to passing on the good will. Also, fellow writer Lynne Marie Pisano has a short writing prompt on her blog from yours truly. Her blog is full of interesting tidbits for writers and illustrators alike.

18 comments:

Doodle Isle said...

Aweee absolutely adorable! Hope the duckling catches its ride :D

Sayantan Halder said...

cute

Doris Redrupp said...

Adorable!Great illu!

momo-tomo said...

Great work! Soooo cute!!

froggie said...

just lovely! so soft and sweet! :)

Jane said...

Cynets are so cute, we have swans on our local pond and during the spring we witness this piggy backing- wonderful- and you have captured the moment so well in your drawing!

Congrats on the heads up and your blog award I was delighted to be included in the "one lovely blog award" . Blogging is such fun!
Jane

Kate_illustrates said...

Such a cute idea and so beautifully done! :-)

JJ said...

Very sweet!

Jennifer Bower said...

OH! I want the little running one! So adorable.

AtelierBrigitte said...

This is so cute - run little one, run!!

Daniel Chaffin said...

Ack... cute, but stressful!

Shirley said...

Oh Bethanie! Your work is deliciously delightful! I can't get enough of it. I'm soooo so happy that you're here blogging..something that I will look forward to each week! : )

What a sweet illustration - love that little one catching up..hope he makes it! : )

String said...

Great idea beautifully painted.

Jack Foster said...

Wow Bethanie! You sure know how to handle those watercolors! This is adorable! Great characters!

nello said...

super cute! conveys a great sense of urgency to catch that snuggly means of transportation!

Christie said...

Such a sweet and serene scene. Beautiful work!

Michelle Henninger said...

What a darlin' little cygnet!! Lovely job!!

Sarah Bowie said...

really lovely. Your work has a beautiful classic feel to it. Thank you so much for including me in your blog award :)