Friday, December 10, 2010

Illustration Friday: Phenomenon

A chameleon's holiday tail phenomenon…


By the by, some of my work is on display in a juried show (of children's book illustrators) at the Brick Alley Art Studio. It's a lovely gallery and they have a Saturday Art Walk tomorrow evening should you find yourself in Sacramento, CA. I learned today that my work was awarded best of show. How's that for a nice Friday morning piece of news?!

My favorite piece of Friday morning correspondence, however, came from a 9-year old girl and her mom. They emailed drawings inspired by some of my work. I am so touched and honored. And may I say, this 9-year old is quite the artistic phenomenon herself.

Happy holidays.

13 comments:

judith said...

I love your style - this illustration really made me smile!
And well done on your show - good news!

WrightStuff said...

Congratulations on being best in show.

I was contacted by a little girl I had inspired too - it gave me a warm feeling inside that lastest for days! It makes you feel special doesn't it?

Lovely illustration, he has real personality shining through.

Sam said...

Congrats on the show award! And a kid being inspired by your artwork is about the best compliment an artist could receive.

Jane said...

Well deserved Bethanie, your work is indeed a "phenomenon!" How lovely for the little girl to send her drawings to you...perhaps one day she will be recalling that moment in her own blog telling how she came to write her own books..??
Have a great weekend,
Love Jane x

Juan said...

Wonderful illustration!!

michele said...

Delightful "tail" and "tale" of shared inspiration! And congratulations on receiving your award! :o)

Linda Hensley said...

Cute idea :) Congrats on your award!

k.h.whitaker said...

very cute, love the colors and the bleeding around the border, nice work

Anne Curthoys said...

Very cute, I like this a lot!

Ray Ferguson said...

Wow this is very nice. You have a nice style.

Jack Foster said...

Bethanie! You always come up with such wonderful and imaginative stuff! You are an Illustration Friday phenomenon! I love this chameleon! He has such personality! Have you seen the new movie Tangled yet? I hear the horse and the chameleon steal the show!

Faruffa said...

this is absolutely adorable!!!

Bethanie Murguia said...

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Jack, I suspect I'll see Tangled in a year when it comes out on video...at least that's been my track record for movies since I had kids. :)