Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 Lessons Learned, #22: It's More Than Just 32 Pages


I'm realizing that there's plenty more to be done once the book is finished, i.e. marketing and promotion. I used to work as a designer in a marketing agency and thus, I like to think about tie-ins and promo pieces. This is a mock up of one of the pieces I proposed: a door hanger. It seems like a perfect tie-in for little dreamers. My publisher has been wonderfully receptive to ideas (yay!) and they are producing door hangers, stickers and postcards.

As an aside, two lovely pre-spring surprises arrived at my house this past week. One: my advance copy of Buglette! Having my own book in the house is a bit surreal. I smile every time I walk by it. And two: beautiful flowers from my friend that perfectly match the cover of the book. I had to take a photo...




9 comments:

amy said...

; )
the book looks great!

Beth Anne Maresca said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Jennifer Noel Bower said...

Congratulations and I love the marketing pieces. They are so unique. Best of luck with book sales and thanks for sharing your journey.

Jane said...

Oooooh Bethanie how wonderful to finally see your beloved book in print...it looks fab! The idea of a door hanger is also so inspired. I do hope you book will be out over here too..I can boast that my blogger friend in the States wrote it ;0)
It certainly shows how it really is much more the 32 pages!
Jane x

Bethanie Murguia said...

Thanks everyone! Jane, I don't know if it will be in the UK. (Note to self: find out.) I'll be doing some giveaways though, so there will definitely be opportunities for people to get their hands on them. :)

Jill Bergman said...

Yeah! How nice to see your book standing up in its final book form!
You had a great idea with those door hangers- I'm sure kids will love them. :)

Sue Pownall said...

The book looks lovely, complimented perfectly by the flowers. I like the look of the door hangers too.

Playing by the book said...

How lovely it must have been to receive your first physical copy!

Shirley said...

Woot! Woot! I am SO happy for you, Bethanie..the book is amazing from the photo..I am doing a jiggy dance for you now. : ) Congrats!