Friday, July 1, 2011

Illustration Friday: Remedy



Hi everyone! I had fun working on this week's IF with my daughter. (Mine above, hers below.) I explained to her what remedy meant and she immediately drew a chocolate ice cream cone. Is there any more perfect remedy than ice cream?! I am humbled. :)

I haven't been blogging as much as usual for the last month or so. We are attempting to sell our house. The process of living in it, staging it and keeping two kids and a dog at bay has taken up its fair share of time. Fingers-crossed for a quick and smooth transition so I can get back to more painting and drawing.

In the meantime, I have a guest post over at the Guide to Literary Agents blog. We're also giving away a copy of my book -- just comment on that blog post for a chance to win. Happy weekend!

20 comments:

Amalou said...

I love your take on this week's topic. Your furry critter's expression is priceless... I can imagine him thinking, 'seriously?'

You illustration is fantastic as alway. And best of luck with selling the house. I'm thinking it might be easier just to extend... we have three kids and a dog! It's impossible to keep our house presentable.

Jane said...

I've missed your posts Bethanie, glad to hear the house sale is going smoothly (well as smoothly as these things ever can do!). I love both yours and your dear daughter's drawings....taking after Mum already, how fab! Have a sunny weekend, hope Buglette is going down a storm over there,
Jane x

Maeve Frazier said...

I loved stopping by and reading your blog! You have a great talent!

amy said...

i love your work, and i LOVE ana's too; an artist just like her mama!

Priscilla said...

Ha ha, your illustrations are so clever and funny. :)

MION said...

It's very good (both illo's).
I like the colours and fun in it.

http://mion.nl/wordpress/?p=443

Patti said...

fun image. love your daughters contribution.

Juan Carlos Partidas said...

Lovely characters and background, Bethanie. :)

Elina Ellis said...

What a lovely drawing!

Alison said...

What a great idea and beautifully carried out.

Sue Pownall said...

I like both yours and your daughters interpretation of the theme. Ice cream - perfect.

Good luck with the sale.

k.h.whitaker said...

soooooooooo cute!!! so nice to see a new one :)

Beth Anne Maresca said...

LOVE it! The colors are beautiful! Your daughter's is so adorable as well!

Jack Foster said...

You and your daughter make a great posting team. Great illo(s). Good luck selling your house Bethanie. I’m heading on over to try and win your book right now ;o)

Hannah Sommerville said...

haha, two great pieces of work.

I love how expressive your work is. Fantastic :)

Bethanie Murguia said...

So nice to hear from everyone! Thank you all for stopping by.

Isabelle said...

Super cute illustrations (with a "s" cause both are very good! Love both ideas!! :) Good luck on selling the house, I admire you, with kids and a dog... it's quite a challenge to home-stage!!

Kim said...

I just love this picture too!! You have some really awesome work.

Deniz said...

hi! happy days!:)
www.LensMarket.Com

Travveller said...

What color green is that in the bushes? It's perfect, and I have such trouble with greens.