Friday, November 18, 2011

Illustration Friday: Vanity


Happy weekend everyone. I have a few book related updates: first of all, if any of you pick up the 2012 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market, you'll find an interview with yours truly on page 167. This year's format is really great -- it's become so much more than just a listing of publishers. Also, Scholastic books just released their Spring 2012 preview. Check out the picture book interviews for a quick sneak peek of Zoe Gets Ready, due out in May. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

barbara said...

Great idea, great use of colors and shadows, the character is so lively! Such fun.

Kate* said...

Nice one! I like the Energy!

Jane said...

Hi Bethanie so glad things are going really well. Love the new Zoe book. I really hope your book publishers release your work over here in the UK. Your books would do so well. Take care.
Jane x

Sylvia Liu said...

This is super...made me smile.

k.h.whitaker said...

tehehehe, cute :)

Cindy D. said...

This is really great. I love your style. Great composition, wonderful colors and such a really neat character. Congratulations on all your book success, my goodness!

(Also, hooray for 50 lb. lap dogs!)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

What a really fun character! Your colors are great in this..
also, thanks for the head's-up about your interview. I just got my copy...so I will be reading that as soon as I finish this :)

Sasa Saastamoinen said...

this guy has reason to be proud. Lovely work!

Leen Christens said...

Great work!!!

Meng said...

Do catfish have mustache competitions like those beard growers in Germany do? This guy should look into that. Wonderful colors.

caela said...

hehe this is great made me giggle and great take on this weeks topic :D

mudspice said...

Hi Bethanie,

I've been following your blog for some time and absolutely love your art. I was thrilled when I went to the library a few days ago and came across your book. So excited to read it to my kids.

Warmly,
Erika

http://mudspice.wordpress.com